Tuesday 27 March 2012

8 Favourite Nail Varnishes: Swatches

So this is a sort of follow-up post from my Day 8 of The 10 Day Makeup Challenge. I showed my 8 favourite nail varnishes (very difficult decision) but only in the bottles, and I definitely prefer seeing swatches of colours cos you can't really tell when they are just in the bottle! I got my nail wheels the other so I thought that this would be a good use of my first wheel!

Barry M - Navy
O.P.I. - Russian Navy
Nubar - Prize
Barry M - Raspberry

Nails Inc. - Victoria & Albert
O.P.I. - Up Front & Personal
O.P.I. - Designer... de Better! from The Muppets Collection (swatches here)
Models Own - Juicy Jules

The photo definitely does not do Prize any justice, it's a beautiful bright pink holographic polish but it doesn't show up well with my camera.  This is a really good toenail colour!  It's my only Nubar polish but I love it and can't wait to get some more.

I also wanted to show a combination of two of these which I love.  It is Designer... de Better with Juicy Jules over the top, it's sooo sparkly and gorgeous!  I did a NOTD on my tumblr using this a couple of months ago, click here to see it.


While I was there I also decided to demonstrate just how much glitter is in Nails Inc's Shelton Street!  It's crazy!  Shown below is one coat, compared to two coats of Juicy Jules in 2nd photo down.  I kind of wish it wasn't so opaque to be honest, glitter is one of those things you should be able to build it up you so wish.  Never mind, it's impressive alone anyway!


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...