Saturday 15 February 2014

Birthday Celebrations at Òran Mór


On Febraury 4th it was my dad's birthday so to celebrate went to the cinema (Jack Ryan: Shadow Agent) and then to Òran Mór for dinner.  The Òran Mór is a bar/restaurant converted church at the top of Byres Road, Glasgow.  We'd never been there before so weren't quite sure what to expect!  We ate in the main bit which is also the bar, called the John Muir Room.


For starters, my mum and I shared nachos which came with salsa, cheese, jalapeños, creme fraîche and guacamole.  The plate was huge!  I am so glad we shared as if I'd ate that alone I wouldn't have managed much for the main meal.  It was amazing, definitely one of the best nachos I've had - especially because they come with guac, yum!!


My dad had vegetable pakora which I didn't try but he seemed to enjoy them.  Also a good size portion!


For my main course I had Goat's Cheese and Caramelised Red Onion Salad with a side of chips.  I didn't feel like anything too heavy so I went for this, but got the chips for a bit of substance!  The chips are honestly amazing, I love big chunky homemade ones which still have the skin on.  They also came with garlic mayo which is probably my favourite dip ever!  The salad was nice but I found it too much to have as a main course, I'd prefer a smaller portion as a starter given the choice.


My mum had a Salmon Burger.  We've never come across a salmon burger before so weren't sure what it would be like but she said it was really nice.  It came with chips, salad and sort of salsa sauce.


My dad had a Beef Burger which also came with chips and some salad.  He said it was a really good quality homemade burger - it's made with 100% Scotch Steak Mince.

Here is a link to the Òran Mór's website and this is link to the menu for the John Muir Room.

<3

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...