Wednesday 8 April 2015

Empties #19




Dr Organic Pomegranate Conditioner
Thoughts:  I know I probably say this every time but I find shampoo and conditioner are so difficult to review, unless they are utter crap or absolutely amazing!  Anyway, this conditioner works fine as far as conditioners go, it detangles my hair and doesn't make it greasy.  The only downside is the smell which I will go into more detail about when I talk about the shampoo. £5.49/250ml here via Holland & Barrett. 
Cruelty-free?: Yes.
Repurchase?: No.

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish
Thoughts:  Believe it or not this is my first full size cleanse and polish!  My mum and I have been buying the moisturiser and other bits for years and because Liz Earle are so generous with their samples I've not actually needed to buy one!  I actually won this on a Twitter competition for me and my friend which was brilliant!  I did finally cave and buy one of the limited edition fancy tin versions at Christmas as I had started using it more often.  I love it for taking off my make up in the evening; I take off my eye make up first then hop in the shower with it on my face and get rid of the rest with the cloth while I'm in there.  £14/100ml here.
Cruelty-free?: Yes.
Repurchase?: Yes.

Dr Organic Pomegranate Shampoo
Thoughts:  The pomegranate shampoo is a really good foamer for a SLS-free product, it acts pretty much like a normal shampoo.  However it had a funny smell, it did smell like pomegranate I guess, however it has a sort of musty scent to it as well - maybe mine is just a dodgy one but for this reason I wouldn't get it again.    £5.49/250ml here via Holland & Barrett.
Cruelty-free?: Yes.
Repurchase?: No.


Lush Rub Rub Rub Body Scrub
Thoughts:  I got this little shower scrub in a Christmas set I got from my auntie.  Rub Rub Rub is a blossom scented sea salt scrub, it works really well and it smells amazing.  It leaves my skin feeling so smooth and soft and smelling really good.  £8.75/330ml here via Lush.
Cruelty-free?: Yes.
Repurchase?: Yes.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Thoughts: I love this mascara, definitely the best one I have used in ages.  I have a full review which you can read here.  Available from Debenhams here for £19.  
Cruelty-free?: Yes.
Repurchase?: Yes, repurchased already!

Lush Drummer's Drumming Reusable Bubble Bar (not pictured)
Thoughts:  If you didn't see this when it was in store it was shaped like those noisy kids' toys so it kinda looked like a giant lollipop with a string through the middle with bells on the end to make the noise, so cool!  It was strawberry scented but quite a sweet fruity scent rather than a fresh, natural scent - but in a good way!  I think I got about 3 or 4 baths out of this so pretty good!  From what I've read it smells like D'Fluff shaving soap but I've not tried this myself.
Cruelty-free?: Yes.
Repurchase?: Yes, have already!

Lush Sakura Bath Bomb (not pictured)
Thoughts: I bought this as it is scented the same as Rub Rub Rub Scrub which smells amazing however I was quite disappointed!  I found that the scent disappeared once in the water and didn't really do anything to the colour of the bath - I like spectacular bath bombs!  However if you want to try it it's £3.25 here.  
Cruelty-free?: Yes.
Repurchase?: Probably not.

<3

8 comments:

  1. I need to go back to lush. I would've thought the smell of the shampoo would've been amazing!

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A visit to Lush is always a good idea! I know, it's such a shame :( xx

      Delete
  2. I've been eyeing the Dr. Organic Shampoos for some time now, I LOVE pomegranates so I might have to sniff this one next time I see one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely have a sniff first, I feel like all the Dr Organic products are slightly odd smelling! xx

      Delete
  3. It's hard to beat Cleanse and Polish, I always find myself going back to it.
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz Earle don't animal test but they're owned by Avon which animal test :( Sadly I used to love the Cleanse and Polish but haven't bought it since they sold out to Avon!

    Such a shame about the shampoo! On the photo it looked like something I would buy - shame about the dodgy smell! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am aware of that thanks :) They remain independent and are Leaping Bunny approved so I am happy to keep supporting them!

      I know :( definitely have a smell in the shop before you buy haha! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...