Saturday 30 June 2012

Collection: DIY Palettes #2

I decided to created my own mini palettes to condense my individual eyeshadow collection a little bit.  I was going to do them in the one post but it started to get a bit long so I am going to divide it up into 2 posts instead!  Here are my 3 palettes that I have so far:


In my last post I showed you the Unii Palette (the red one) and so the next ones to discuss are the small E.L.F. ones.  I actually have 3 of these but only 2 are filled at the moment!  These palettes are quite handy, they come with an insert to fit 4 standard size eyeshadows/blushes which E.L.F. sell individually on their website.  The palette and refills are £1.50 (well they were last time I checked, they are bumping up their prices something awful, argh!) which is quite a bargain!  In all honesty the refills are not the best, they are really gritty and I won't be buying anymore of these.  The palette however is great, you just need to pop out the insert and then using some double sided sticky tape, stick down the metal sheet which lies beneath the insert.  So then you can use however many products you want/can fit in it!  You can also decorate your palette as well if you want - I had little rhinestones on the corners but they fell off as I used to keep it in my make up bag!

So although they are quite small, for £1.50 they are really easy for putting together a few similar colours.  They are definitely not as durable as the Unii palette for travel, I had one eyeshadow smash on me in one, and that was with the insert in place!  But I think for the price they are fantastic!

In the left-hand side one I have got black and white themed eyeshadows.  They are by Too Faced (grey and black), Avon (the white and grey - not CF) and E.L.F. (the white one, see how gritty it is?!)


In the other one I have got some blushes.  The big one is Berry Merry by E.L.F. (love this blush!), beside it is Merlot by Arbonne, and the round one is another £1.50 E.L.F. one (again note the grittiness).


I am going to a post about my obsession with purple toned blusher at some point, I'd like to get my hands on NARS Sin first but it's just so damn expensive!

<3

11 comments:

  1. That looks like a great idea, I'm fed up of carrying different palettes around with me haha!

    & for just £1.50 what a bargain, thanks for sharing :)

    Just found your blog, now following!

    Laura xx
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's great cos you can just chop and change them at will! I know so cheap!

      Aw thank you! Your blog is lovely, following you too :)

      Delete
  2. I do like the idea of condensing my ever expanding eyeshadow collection. The one thingI don't know how to do though is depot! is it easy?

    Poppy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! If you search 'depotting eyeshadows' on youtube there are so many video tutorials which is what I first used to learn. All you need is a candle and a knife basically! The only thing you need to be careful with is the knife, make sure you don't stab yourself, or more importantly your eyeshadow haha! ;)

      Good luck!! :)

      Delete
  3. Good old elf! Although I agree the eyeshadows are so gritty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! :) Yeh it was good though because I had a nice plum one but it was really gritty so then I found the Studio equivalent which is Berry Merry yayy :D

      Delete
  4. Really loved this post :)
    Now following
    http://gemsies.blogspot.com/

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I'd love to try NARS Sin too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeh it looks so prettyyy!! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...