This was my first attempt at a 19th century (1800s) style which I roughly copied from my research. It's not perfect but I was quite pleased with it so I thought I'd show you all!
- I decided on the area where I wanted to fit on the padding. Because I looked really big I used two pieces. Then I started pin curling the area.
- Finished pin curled area.
- I attached the padding and secured with hair pins.
- Next I backcombed the hair surrounding the padding to create volume and thickness.
- I folded all the backcombed hair in, smoothed the top, and folded it in under itself using more hair pins.
- I took the whole front area and curled it using tongs, then ruched it and piled it on top of the head.