Sunday 10 April 2016

Pixi Glow Tonic // Skincare

"Oxygenating. Exfoliating facial glow tonic. It helps tone, firm and tighten the skin. It removes dead skin cells for healthier looking skin."

I had heard great things about the Pixi Glow Tonic but as it used to be more difficult to find in the UK I started my acid toner exploration with the Ren Clarifying Toning Lotion.  When I finished this I managed to track down a nearly full Glow Tonic on Depop for £10 which was perfect for a trial!


I have to admit that I am rubbish with skincare routines, not having time is a terrible excuse but usually I am just dying to get to bed and can't face anything which will eat into my precious sleeping time (yes, I really need to start getting ready for bed earlier).  However I do try to use the Pixi Glow Tonic as often as I can, when I do get myself into a good routine of using it I definitely notice the difference.

I am quite prone to milia (or milk spots) on my face, and the only things I have found which get rid of them are acid toners (also the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask is great but pricey).  If you have ever had milia you will know they are not like normal spots, you can't burst them or even pick them without digging and just making your skin into an awful mess.  I find that when I use the Glow Tonic, it brings the milia up to the surface of my skin until they are so close that simply a soft scratch (usually subconsciously using my nail but a muslin cloth is probably much better!) will bring them out with minimal damage.

Aside from milia, the Glow Tonic is also really good on normal spots.  Thankfully I don't tend to get many but I read on Caroline Hirons that if you ever burst a spot, you should apply acid toner immediately as it destroys any bacteria around it which might get in and infect it.  I have found doing this makes popped spots heal quicker then just leaving them.

In general I just really enjoy applying this toner and I do feel like it makes my skin 'glow'!

The only negative I have, which is a very minor one, is the smell of Glow Tonic!  It has a very pungent floral odour, which isn't entirely unpleasant but it's quite overwhelming when you first start using it.

Pixi Glow Tonic is available online in quite a few websites but you can also now pick it up in M&S for £18 if you'd rather get it in person.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely review, I never knew that Pixi products were cruelty free :) xx

    Yasmina | The July Journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up a mini of this from target and then lost it...i'm so good at life hahaha

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh no! That would have been perfect for trying out! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...