Friday 22 August 2014

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara


I feel like I spend a lot of timing looking for a mascara which works for me!  I've not been particularly excited about any since they discontinued the Bourjois one I loved - there are cruelty free disputes about them now however so it's probably not a bad thing.  

When I went to Paris in June we obviously had to go to Sephora so I thought I'd splash out a bit and try a Too Faced mascara as I'd heard good things about them.  There were a couple to choose from and in the end I went for Better Than Sex.  


It's the biggest tube out of all the range and it's really quite heavy and chunky actually, I'm not sure if it's supposed to remind us of some sort of vibrating sex toy or if that's just me being dirty minded!  Anyway... moving on, as you can see from the photos below, it's also got a huge brush.  You can't see it all that well but it's twisted and in an hourglass shape.



Below are some photos to show the effect of the mascara.  In the first one I have no make up on at all, then for the next two I applied foundation, concealer, brow pencil and finally the mascara.  Please ignore the drunk look in the middle one, my eye kept blinking haha!  I think mascara works really well at both lengthening and curling the lashes - I didn't even curl them before this.  


I am loving this mascara, definitely the best one I've used in a long time!  It lasts all day and I've not had any problems with flaking.  However, I normally don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes so I think it would transfer if I did, as every other non-waterproof one does, but I wanted to show it applied in the photos.  

What's also great is that removal is easy and comes off quickly with my Body Shop Camomile Eye Makeup Remover.

The only negative I have come across with this is that I seem to always get it on my eyelids which isn't something which happens with other mascaras!  I think it might just be because it's such a huge brush which I'm not used to, so hopefully I'll get to grips with it soon...

I would definitely repurchase this however it seems to be really popular and sold out almost everywhere at the moment!  As I mentioned above, I bought it in Paris and it was about 23€, and from what I can find online I think it's £19 here which isn't too bad.  Boots and Debenhams both stock Too Faced but are out of stock online, however BeautyBay are selling it here for a bit cheaper at £16.91 with free delivery.

I would like to try the Better Than False Lashes which has nylon fibres you apply in between coats but this is £32 so maybe once I have a bit more money...

<3

8 comments:

  1. This looks pretty nice Louise! I have heard this mascara mentioned before but have until now never really seen any reviews.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I wanted to get it for ages, but definitely need this mascara in my life now. Great swatches!

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tired this mascara but I was not a fan :(

    http://elizabethkathrynx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been curious about this mascara for while but always thought the big brush looks awkward lol! However your lashes look great with it on!

    Morag x
    moadore.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds lovely, your eyelashes look really pretty :) xx

    http://bethht.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm tempted to try this mascara next. Can I ask what concealer you use? I'm trying to make the cruelty free switch from MAC studio fix - I have just bought the Bare Minerals Correcting concealer but it's nowhere near as effective at covering my spots :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm currently using an MUA one however their cruelty free status is dubious as they can't say that their products don't contain animal extracts... :/ I'd like to try Nars but not sure what they're like! I believe Kryolan are cruelty free and they do professional theatre make up, the concealers are quite good, might be worth having a look at that? Just difficult to get in person! xx

      Delete
  7. Great review. I have been thinking of buying this one, but wasn't sure. Are you by any chance familiar with dr. Hauschka mascara? If yes, could you compare them? x

    Aniqa Dreams

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...