Sunday 1 May 2016

Real Techniques Bold Metals 300 Tapered Blush // Beauty


I had been lusting over the beautiful Bold Metals brushes since they were released by Real Techniques a few years ago.  I finally got my hands on 3 of them last year when my boyfriend treated me for our anniversary (after some major hinting...).

One of the 3 he bought for me was the 300 Tapered Blush which has since become a firm favourite.


Real Techniques brushes are of a really high quality in general, and use the softest synthetic bristles, making them cruelty free!  The Bold Metals collection are a bit more expensive than the original - according to the descriptions they are "softer than ever, for our most luxe feel to date".

First of all, I think this is one of the most aesthetically pleasing make up brushes I have seen!  The rose gold metal effect handle and ferrule complement the faded pink bristles perfectly.

Although the title of the brush is 'tapered blush', personally I use this brush for highlighter and find it works really well.  The tapered side of the brush is perfect for picking up and applying powder without being too dense.


The only thing that I don't like about the Bold Metals brushes are the handles.  The handles seem to be much longer than normal and the end is really pointy!  A few times I have taken a gouge out of one of my powders!

The 300 Tapered Blush brush is £19 in Boots, however when I went on Real Techniques website it is also $19 dollars which works out at about £14 so that's rather unfair - never mind!

I have also got the 100 Arched Powder and 202 Angled Liner brushes but there are a couple more I would like to add to my collection.

Have you got a favourite (synthetic) make up brush brand?

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite brushes, but I do understand about the handles being too long.

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...